How the ladybug_fly component works?

Hey there!!
As a beginner, I am having a hard time understanding how the ladybug FLY component works as multiple results generator. I am also having a hard time finding videos that use this component. Do you suggest any tutorials??
Thank you in advance!!

There are example files on Hydra including this one:

http://hydrashare.github.io/hydra/viewer?owner=mostaphaRoudsari&fork=hydra_1&id=Parametric_Daylight_Analysis&slide=0&scale=1&offset=0,0

Hello @mostapha
thank you very much for your response. I had seen this one, but what I am not getting is maybe where to get the results. In this excellent example you sent, the fly component is mixing glazing ratios with the glazing properties, to find the best scenario in all the combinations - so far, I got it.

I copied and re-did the script from hydra example, decreased the number of variables inputted in ladybug_fly, and then I ran the analysis and I got 8 script variables as a result for the output illuminance_files.
However, in the recolor_mesh chart, I have displayed the results from the first illuminance file?
How can I change the input of the recolor_mesh in order to see the different mesh colors according to the glz ratio x glz material configuration ?

The Fly component is not saving any results. It is just animating the sliders values attached to it.
You need to retrieve the results from the directories they are saved on. You probably want to save them, each in its own directory in order to not override.
Once you have that you can manually get them.
Why aren’t you using Calibri? It will not save results either, but is a more updated work-stream.
-A.

1 Like

I agree with @AbrahamYezioro that if you want to save the results Colibri is the better option. Fly is good for quick studies when you want to test something or capture images of the results. There are ways to change the name and save the results for each iteration using Fly but Colibri automates that process for you.

@AbrahamYezioro and @mostapha
great tip, I will try to use Colibri!
thanks a lot!!

where can i get the ladybug_fly component ?

Hi, @albertomorales
ladybug fly is very old. You can use TT toolbox plugin and colibri as a better solution