How to apply ground floor material?

I am using Honeybee_Set_EP_Zone_Construction. I have a doubt that how to provide material for ground floor slab using this? I couldn’t find any method apart from creating a surface in between and applying material. I request for a reply.
Thanks and Regards

@vijesh It is easily to do this. You can use this component:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply @minggangyin. Not for underground building construction. If a building say G+2 then how can we give ground floor slab(Plinth) and subsequent floor materials? I used Honeybee_Set_EP_Zone_Construction and plugged in plinth and floor slab material in that itself as 1 and 2. Then after solving adjancies it is working. I solved it. If a separate option is there to show to connect for groundfloor slab then it will be very clear I feel @chris and @mostapha, if am not wrong.
Thanks and Regards

Hello vijesh,

Thank you for your sharing of your solution. It seems helpful to my problem when setup the ground floor.

Would you please show that how you plugged in your plinth and floor slab material by the components? (as you said:“I used Honeybee_Set_EP_Zone_Construction and plugged in plinth and floor slab material in that itself as 1 and 2. Then after solving adjancies it is working.” ) Could you show the process by a picture or .gh if it is possible?

Thanks a lot and best wishes to you.

Hi @SunnyChen, I was too busy with all the academic works, Sorry for the delay. I did like this,

Kindly let me know if this is what you were looking for.
And if you want to check it Use this tool ‘Honeybee_Decompose_Based_on_Type’ and visualize the output.
Have a good day!
Regards,
Vijesh

1 Like

Hi, vijesh,

Thank you so much for your replying to my question and showing the details by picture. It is so kind of you!

It seems that I need to add a ‘groundFloor EPConstruction’ to my HBZones as my house has only one floor and the ‘Honeybee_Decompose_Based_on_Type’ shows that the HBZones have only groundfloors whithout floorsgroundfloorSetting
I have tried the component ‘Honeybee_Set EP Zone Underground Construction’ as minggangyin adviced,

it works for my problem. I think I had mis-used the component before.

And your solution is also very helpful to me as Plinth is necessary in my house. Thanks a lot again.

Best wishes!

Hi @SunnyChen,
Kindly correct me if am wrong, I think both the groundFloors are actually above ground only, not sub-structure, is it?

1 Like

Hi,vijesh,
I think you are right. The component can be used to set the groundFloors ONLY or a whole sub-structure by adding the other inputs.

Hope my reply is helpful to you and best wishes :slight_smile:

Hey i had similar question, however I’m using the HB ground construction subset with the HB construction set to assign a construction to the ground floor for a simple shoebox model. However, as I increase the Rc value of the construction layer, the energy heating and cooling demand is increasing, however I expect it to go down. Could someone please explain why that is?

Also what is the difference between Exposed floor and Ground floor?