How to calculate daily incident radiation that accounts for context shade?

Hello everyone,

I want to perform a solar analysis to get the daily solar radiation on the ground after blocked by a shade. The aim is to export the daily solar radiation into Excel and use it as weather data for another simulation. In this case, I use the Ladybug Incident Radiation component to account for context shade that blocks solar radiation to the test geometry. Specifically, the context shade is the solar panel, and the test geometry is the ground surface beneath the solar panel.

After searching this forum, I found suggestions by @chris to use the Honeybee Annual Irradiance component. However, this component is not applicable since my geometry is not in a closed room but in an open area.

I have tried the Ladybug Real-Time Incident Radiation and the Series component to calculate for one month (i.e., 1st to 31st Jan), as suggested by @TrevorFedyna and Chris. Still, the results are in the cumulative incident radiation for the specified analysis period. Hence, I want to ask if there is any way to get daily incident radiation for a month not in cumulative day by day.

Appreciate your insight or recommendation, if any. Thank you.

Thum

Incident radiation analysis.gh (82.1 KB)

Hi @Thum!
I used the same series component you had for your end days and connected it to the start days as well, and now the results look to be day by day and no longer cumulative.

(Baseline days I saved from initial analysis)

I hope that helps.
-trevor

2 Likes

Hi @TrevorFedyna,

That is the trick! Thank you very much for your help.

Thum

1 Like

No problem! Happy we found the solution!

1 Like