How to calculate the γs,min[°], according to the EN 17037

Thanks dear Abraham,
It is an option already considered.
The SunlightHoursAnalysis, according with the norm, must be done with Solar Time.

Greetings,
Liam

I found this info: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1876610215019980

A minimun solar altitude is presumebly included in the EN standard because of obstructions like trees and opposite buildings. From which solar altitude it is arbitrary in my opinion.

Hallo dear Jurrijin,

yes, I am aware of this rule, which however only applies to the old code (DIN5034-1).

Also with the new Norm, in Germany (Berlin) then is increased from 6 to 11°, but as can be seen, the further south you go, the more the value rises :smiley:.

If I look at the latitude of Vienna or Bratislava, which is similar or equal to that of Munich, it goes from 11 to 14°.

It was only to understand with which method and/or calculation everything is calculated, to be more precise, when I will analyze cities far from the (code) mentioned European capitals.

Greetings,
Liam R.

@LiamRuvio, a member of the committee shared this paper with me, which I think explains the procedure they have had in mind.
Hope it helps, I have not had time yet to read it carefully.
Darula Mal -SVETLO - LIGHT 2017 Min solar altitude.pdf (927.7 KB)

3 Likes

Dear Farhang,

I heartily thank you for remembering this post and for sharing this document that explains and solves the problem of my doubts.

Munich greets Vienna

Best regards
Liam R.

1 Like