How to coupling SrfTemp and solaradjustMRT for UTCI

Hello, I recently started some research on outdoor comfort. I saw that your article on UTCI analysis mentioned the path of coupling surface temperature & Solar.

I want to try it, but I can’t find the relevant. GH file in the case file. I’m curious about their combination. I don’t know if I can share this part of the battery, For everyone to learn. Thank you.

How are these three parts coupled?

@cuze

The basic process is to calculate the weighted average of the surfaceOutdoorTemp by their corresponding view factors for a given location to get the initial MRT, then add the MRTDelta from the SolarCal component to get a meanRadiantTemperature input that accounts for short-wave radiation.

Here’s an example for HB-Legacy: Hydra Viewer

The SolarCal model, LBT has a better model of short-wave radiation[1], so it’s better to install LBT then use the legacy tools.

[1] Is Legacy better in the field of thermal comfort? - #2 by chris

1 Like

thank you so much @SaeranVasanthakumar ,tis very helpful.
i guss i need one or two lines Python in a GHPython component to calculat as the agglomeration of the two components; the long-wave radiation from the outdoorsurfaces and the additional amount of absorbed solar short-wave radiation. :rofl:
It would be best if you could give me some advice