How to define heat transfer coefficient in honeybee

Hello everybody,
Is there any way to define “Heat transfer coefficient” for different materials? I couldn’t find a way defining it in martial definition section (Epmaterial) of Honeybee and Ladybug.
Is it possible to define this value?

Regards,
Azin

Could you tell me how to define it ? Does it mean U-value or something else?

I am searching to find a way to define it.
It is not U-value!
The heat transfer coefficient is the heat transferred per unit area per kelvin. Thus area is included in the equation as it represents the area over which the transfer of heat takes place.

I believe this is the U value. I suggest you to check the definition of the U here (for instance).
-A.

1 Like

@az.sanei

“Heat transfer coefficient” is a little ambiguous to me, it could mean conductance or conductivity, but from what you just defined it is the former and can be represented with the U-value: W/(m2)/K.

If not, please share the units of the heat transfer coefficient you are asking for.

Keep in mind there’s some nuance between the various definitions of heat transfer coefficients that vary based on the context of its use. The U-value may not be considered a correct heat transfer coefficient in certain cases because it extrinsic value that represents the overall heat transfer of the aggregate of the material assuming some fixed depth. If that is the case you are looking for the conductivity (usually represented as a lower-case ‘k’ value) which represents the intrinsic heat transfer of the material.

S

1 Like

@AbrahamYezioro, looks like we did another classic simultaneous post!

Right @SaeranVasanthakumar:slight_smile:
But you, as usual, gave a much more detailed answer.
See you next time.
-A.

1 Like