How to extract ENVI-Met's weather file into Honeybee

Hello,

I am a graduate and an RA at MIT, and have been using honeybee & ladybug to run some simulations, as well as Envi-met. I have been trying to extract the weatherfile of Envi met and hook it into the honeybee, but i found very little information on Envi’s website on how to get hold of the weather data.

Has anyone tried doing this? the reason I want to use it is to account for perspiration and evapotranspiration, both of with envi met accounts for. Any help would be highly appreciated

Ali

@alisammarraie,
ENVImet is not using weather files. Don’t understand what you are trying to do.
If what you want to do is importing results in LB, check this and this.
-A.

Hi Abraham @AbrahamYezioro ,
We are trying to run simulations for outdoor comfort for a prototype. We started with a clear patch of surface located in Abu Dhabi, UAE, as the location of the simulation to run the analysis on and build our way from there.

Initially, we were using honeybee to find the utci values of the studies and the ‘baseline’ (only land) surface. However, we had to start the cumbersome ENVI-Met simulation of the same scenario as it accounts for metrics like perspiration and tree evapotranspiration etc.

The issue we are facing is, when we ran the simulation on flat land with no trees, we got drastically different results. ENVI-Met gave us late 20’s and 30’s Celsius (which is very cool and unsual for Abu Dhabi on May 15s (the day of the test)). Honeybee gave us a more realistic measure of late 30’s and early 40’s Celsius that ,based on my experience of living in Dubai, sounds reasonable. So if we want to compare the simulations, they would have a similar denominator so we can compare apples to apples. But the ENVI-Met simulations and Honeybee simulations of the SAME conditions differ by a 10 degree Celcius. So we were trying to work around that where both platform reference the same base ‘weather file’ or something similar.

Any help would be appreciated, and sorry for the late response! storms just keep coming on this side of the pond.

@alisammarraie,
The best forum to ask your question is probably ENVI-met’s.
Anyway, hard to say without having the whole information about EM settings.
For your case I’ll probably will use the “Force data” option, where you can input 24 temperature and/or humidity values, to be used in the simulation.
I will think also in averaging the daily month values so you can get the averaged 24 hours … or you can pick a day. This is up to you.
Also, just to be sure, check your geographic location setting.

Hope this helps,
-A.