How to find highest temp, fastest wind speed in Ladybug

Hi,
First time Ladybug user so sorry if these questions are obvious.
I’m going through the tutorials and I can see how to average a temp or anything else, but how do you find…
Find the highest temperature?
Find the fastest wind speed?
Do I need to create my own python code to find these? If not where are the components that report this?

Is there a temperature converting setting, Celsius, Fahrenheit, Kelvin? Do I need to make my own conversions?

Time is displayed as AM, PM is there a 24 hour format?
Are there plans for other time formats like solar, mean solar, Sidereal time?

I notice the epw file gives wind speed in Meters per second? Just want to make sure as we are still using imperial units here in the states.

Outside of measuring the wind oneself how does one find the windiest spot? Especially here in Chicago we have certain areas because of high rise buildings where the wind is always the hardest and blows the most. Jackson and Michigan is exceptionally windy also in Jefferson Park one out of code high rise building creates constantly higher wind speeds only on one corner of the site.

Does the epw data include the stations of where wind information was gathered? Is this averaged wind data from a number of stations within a given locale/Chicago?

Are there geological temp/weather data gathered from ice cores over the eons readily available and where is the url for its location? Would we use Dragonfly for these longer term studies?

Thanks for any help,
RM

Use hourly temperature list. Separate numbers from header. Pass numbers through sort component and get the last value from the output.

The same! Use wind speed as input.

See conversion components under Extra tab.

Which component? What is your use case? You can always convert between the two.

Ladybug Tools doesn’t fall under the America first category! :slight_smile: The data in epw file are in SI and so is the output from Ladybug components. You can convert the values to empirical values using the components under Extra tab.

You should use a CFD simulation to model such situations. The data from EPW file are measured at the airport at 10 m with no obstructions.

I already replied to this but you can also see the exact location on the epw map: EPW Map

I don’t know the answer to this question. @chris might be able to help.

Hi Mostapha,
Thanks so much of your help and quick reply. One further question should I model or convert my model/s to meters when using ladybug? Maybe this will matter for radiance studies etc ?

I asked about 24 hour format since many formulas to do with time are in 24 hour format and I was surprised it wasn’t included as an option?

That’s great glad that’s there. After all computers should be able to convert since one learned to play chess in 4 hours. The imperial units thing can be a problem mostly that we have to do things twice and always double check, think of the Hubble space telescope. That’s why it’s nice to have quick conversions. Also when you’re talking to politicians and civic leaders they want to hear things in imperial units most of the time all charts are done in imperial here in the states not that I care it’s just the state of how things are.

Thanks for your hard work on this and for making it available to the Rhino community.
RM