How to Set-up Image-based sim in HB_radiance

Hi Team,

Apologies as this may come as a very obvious question, but could I get some clarification on simulating image-based studies with HB+. I’ve tried to find an example file but hydra seems to be only filled with legacy HB files. The Honeybee primer also seems to only be for the legacy components.

Could anyone provide a quick snapshot of setting up an image-based study to analyse glare through a viewport? The legacy tools did this so simply (almost just needing to connect the dots with input = output text). My issue is that I can find the cameras to set the view, and the input to set the model, but I get lost when it comes to being able to apply my sky and recipe.

If for example, I want to apply a CIEsky, the output ‘sky’ does not match any input for the needed wea components… so where would this input plug in to the workflow?
I also only have an annual daylight recipe and a DF recipe… is there no specific image-based recipe like in legacy?
Also, the radiance_parameters input for both require a text string - is there no RAD component like in legacy that allowed this - or is there an assumption that we would use those from legacy to plug any of these gaps?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:
-Elly

Hi @ElzineBraasch,
You are referring to Honeybee_radiance from the Ladybug Tools Plugin suite and not Honeybee[+]. You are correct to observe this. The image based recipe is not developed yet and will be available in the next release.

Am I right that an image-based Recipe does not yet exist in the “next” (LBT 1.2) stable release? I can see the setup (Radiance or Rhino) views in the , but I cannot see the way in which I could link these to a recipe that might produce a Radiance Image output. Is my interpretation correct, or am I just failing the intelligence test? :grinning:

M

Hi @MichaelDonn. It is available in development version with point in time image based recipe.

Hi. Thanks for prompt response. I will need to figure out what development version might cost me in terms of student angst. I am looking to have 60+ students use a pre-built 5-Zone “office” building script to examine net zero options on a downtown site. I cannot afford my enthusiasms getting too far ahead of them in terms of risk from development software (one loses all credibility after the third ‘please reinstall’ option, particularly in an environment where central uni security is buttoning down more and more against cyber attacks)

M