How to Set up Natural Ventilation Nightflush in LBT 1.5.0

Hi All -

Back in LBT 0.0.66 there was a component called “Honeybee Set EP Airflow” in which you could set Fan Driven Natural Ventilation e.g., to test impact of a night purge on an unconditioned space.

In the newer LBT components (e.g., 1.5.0), this component has gone away. I’m curious how to set up a night purge now.

I am using these two, new components to set up case (1) window natural ventilation, but would like to know how to set up the case (3) fan driven ventilation.

Best,
Victor

2 Likes

Hi there - following as I also would love to know this. I came to the forums to check if anyone has already asked this question. We currently have an office building with no operable windows (as is most of the commercial buildings here) which is suggesting that a worse U-value would be best for energy performance - but in evaluating the thermal balance its clear this is because the windows are trying to lose heat during night, but is still gaining heat during the day. I want to purge the heat during the night mechanically and see what impact that will then have on the U-value ‘best outcome’. My thoughts is that it would then favour a better U-value to reduce the heat gains during summer…

Hope this gets answered soon!