How to write batch file to call the simulation software?

Hi Mostapha,

Recently, I’m trying to connect Gambit and Fluent with grasshopper to run CFD simulation. I learned much from Ladybug&Honeybee codes. Now I wanted to write a batch file to call the simulation software as you do in the “runDaylightAnalysis” or “runEnergySimulation” component. But I can not fully understand your codes.

batchStr = workingDrive + ‘\ncd\’ + folderName + ‘\n’ + EPDirectory + <br/> '\Epl-run ’ + fullPath + ’ ’ + fullPath + ’ idf ’ + epwFileAddress +

' EP N nolimit N N 0 Y'

Below is my code, which I imitate what you write. I think it still needs to be modified. Gambit is an execute programming, and I want to use it to run .jou file. I don’t know why two “fullPath” are needed.

batchStr = workingDrive + ‘\ncd\’ + folderName + ‘\n’ + GambitDirectory + <br/> '\gambit ’ + fullPath + ’ ’ + fullPath + ’ jou ’

Could you give me any suggestions? Thanks a lot. Looking forward for your reply.

Best regards,

Dan

Dan,

It sounds like you are working on some cool stuff. The content that goes in the batchStr is a set of input parameters that are needed to run the specific program that you are calling from the command line. I would first try running the Gambit exe from a command window like so:

http://superuser.com/questions/617174/pass-parameters-via-command-l…

Once you figure out the specific parameters that need to be passed to Gambit to get it to run, you should be able to write a batch string that is simply a list of these parameters. Here’s another example of a component writing a batchStr for the new insect that I am working on (also derived from Mostapha’s examples):

https://github.com/chriswmackey/Dragonfly/blob/master/src/Dragonfly…

-Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for your information. They are very useful for me. I will look into them carefully and try to modify my codes. Maybe we will have further discussion. I hope I can success and then share my work with you. Your work give me many inspiration. Thanks again.

Best regards,

Dan

create a model file in the COMSOL Multiphysics GUI, also known as the COMSOL Desktop. Since we’re going over how to use a new functionality, the smaller and less detailed the model, the bette