HVAC system with both variable air temperature and variable air volume

Hi,I know I have asked a similar question before, but I still have problems with creating a HVAC system with both variable air volume and variable temperature.

I try to create a HVAC system with both variable air volume and variable air temperature. I am using Ironbug to make the HVAc system, and I am using the VAV-template as starting point. To this system I have added two list, one which represents the air volume and one which represents the air temperature. The simulations work fine when the list of air volumes is connected to the system, but whenever I connect multiple air temperatures to the system, the Exporttoopenstudio component, comes with an error saying” air loop needs at least one fan.“

Is there a way to create a HVAC system with both variable air volume and variable air temperature?

• Evelyn

hvac system.gh (646.8 KB)

Hi @Evelyn, I don’t quite understand what you are trying to do with two air loops for one zone. In OpenStudio, you cannot connect one zone to two air loops.

For prototyping the HVAC systems, I would suggest you to this test in OpenStudioApp which has graphics for showing all loops. Once you get your system working in OpenStudioApp, then you should be able to replicate it with Ironbug.

Hi
Thank you for your help, I will try to look at the openstudioapp.