I got a result address but no actual result csv file

Interesting, I’m getting the exact same issue with my idf run, but it runs fine with the openstudio run instead. In making a public share version of my file (as a lot within it contains commercially sensitive items), it worked. I considered perhaps there are some items in the stream causing issues, but after systematically removing nodes at a time, there was no problem.

There was an issue with OSM run component initially when my units were still in millimeters saying “E:\Git\OS1\openstudiocore\src\model\PlanarSurface.cpp@627 : Cannot create a surface …” but was resolved when i changed it to meters. Screen below of the idf run not seeming to work, with OSM error:

And screen shot of OSM working with result files but idf being strange.

It worked on off and odd times, so perhaps just requires reloads.

1 Like

Thank you very much @ElzineBraasch for detailed clarification …
I will be back to my work after updating the geometry and consider your advice if it appeared again …

1 Like

I am facing the same issue as above. The analysis is running, but no .csv file generated.

I have tried all the above stated fixes but the file does not generate .csv files.

I’m attaching my rhino and gh files.

Thanks

Test.3dm (46.9 KB)
Test.gh (598.4 KB)

@MansiDhanuka,
tried your file. It runs fine and writes the .csv on my machiine.

@devang Thank you for the quick response.

What is the fix for my machine then? I have reinstalled everything.

Thanks
Mansi

you sure you have write access?

How do I write access? Can you explain?

I installed everything with default settings. HB LB Energyplus are up to date as well.

Thanks

What I mean is, do you have privileges to write(create a new file) files to a drive on your computer? Sometimes, such privileges are not by default provided at organizations.

I have also tried creating files in a new folder directly on my PC. But I’m not able to create just the .csv files. Other files are being generated on their own. I’m attaching the files I’m able to generate.

Is there a setting I should check to create these files?

Thanks

Test1.bat (318 Bytes)
Test1.idf (64.7 KB)

Mansi,

Were you able to overcome this issue of not generating CSV? If yes, can you please share what made it work?

I had to manually run the simulation with EP-Launch in the beginning. But when I reinstalled the updated HB and LB it started working on its own.

Thanks for sharing Mansi!

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
I’m doing Honeybee Energy Modeling tutorial on YT by @chris and having trouble with the same problem, have read all the topic and still no .csv file generated.

I have the newest Ladybug 0.0.68, Honeybee 0.0.65, Open Studio 2.9.1, Energy Plus 9.0.0.
All componenst are new build, no errors, simple .epw file…
Any help?
Attaching the screenshot: Annotation 2020-04-11 172131|690x343

connect idffile to idf file address component not on result output as per your image attached

@Asisnath thanks for this - that’s true it was connected to a wrong component.
But .csv file does not exist…

I’ve tried everything from this topic, made a new model from scratch for the brep - can’t be simpler.
Grasshopper file is made from scratch on new components.
Strange thing is : resultFileAddress output gives a filepath if we connect a panel but file does not exist on harddrive.
I will be very thankfull if someone knows the sollution for this. I’m stuck…

Screenshot:

It would be better if you could upload your file so that somebody can check your GH script.

Here is my .gh file. All data should be internalised, epw from url.
Unfortunately as a new user I cannot attach files. Here is WeTransfer:

Thanks,
Mike

It worked fine on my end. Try changing the working directory and avoid any whitespace

@Asisnath thank you for your help with the issue. It seems like there is a different reason:

I have uninstalled EnergyPlus and Open Studio ( I had 2 versions - old and new) Cleaned registry.
Installed the most up to date OpenStudio (no EnergyPlus - just Open Studio) 2.9.1.3472

It has generated the .csv file and much more - 19 files in total!
I will see how it will work in the next steps.

But the ReadMe output has generated a lot of warinings ( included below)
The most suspicious thing for me is that the Starting component of HB (Vviiiiiiizzzz) is generating a report at the beginning:
Found installation of openstudio-2.9.1. - Good
Found installations of EnergyPlus>9-0-0. ( looks like above “>” version 9-0-0 ?? )
(So the HB loads EnergyPlus from the OpenStudio package ? )

In the EnergyPlus after simulation run report there is a line:
** Warning ** Version: in IDF=“9.0.0” not the same as expected=“9.2”

Looks like something is wrong with versions? I will go further through the Tutorial and see if it will work.

Below I’m attaching the full report:

Current document units is in Meters
Conversion to Meters will be applied = 1.000
Current document units is in Meters
Conversion to Meters will be applied = 1.000
[1 of 8] Writing simulation parameters…
[2 of 8] No context surfaces…
[3 of 8] Writing geometry…
[4 of 8] Writing Electric Load Center - Generator specifications …
[5 of 8] Writing materials and constructions…
[6 of 8] Writing schedules…
[7 of 8] Writing loads and ideal air system…
[8 of 8] Writing outputs…

… idf file is successfully written to : c:\ladybug\LasResearch\HEM1\Simulation\EnergyPlus\Simulation.idf

Analysis is running!..

Done! Read below for errors and warnings:

Program Version,EnergyPlus, Version 9.2.0-921312fa1d, YMD=2020.04.12 00:18,

************* Beginning Zone Sizing Calculations

** Warning ** GetHTSurfaceData: Surfaces with interface to Ground found but no “Ground Temperatures” were input.

** ~~~ ** Found first in surface=ZONE_0_SRF_4

** ~~~ ** Defaults, constant throughout the year of (18.0) will be used.

** Warning ** GetSurfaceData: InterZone Surface Areas do not match as expected and might not satisfy conservation of energy:

** ~~~ ** …use Output:Diagnostics,DisplayExtraWarnings; to show more details on individual mismatches.

** Warning ** ManageSizing: For a plant sizing run, there must be at least 1 Sizing:Plant object input. SimulationControl Plant Sizing option ignored.

************* Testing Individual Branch Integrity

************* All Branches passed integrity testing

************* Testing Individual Supply Air Path Integrity

************* All Supply Air Paths passed integrity testing

************* Testing Individual Return Air Path Integrity

************* All Return Air Paths passed integrity testing

************* No node connection errors were found.

************* Beginning Simulation

************* Simulation Error Summary *************

** Warning ** The following Report Variables were requested but not generated – check.rdd file

** ~~~ ** Either the IDF did not contain these elements, the variable name is misspelled,

** ~~~ ** or the requested variable is an advanced output which requires Output : Diagnostics, DisplayAdvancedReportVariables;

************* Key=*, VarName=COOLING COIL ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=CHILLER ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=BOILER GAS ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=HEATING COIL TOTAL HEATING ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=HEATING COIL GAS ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=HEATING COIL ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=HUMIDIFIER ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=FAN ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=COOLING TOWER FAN ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=ZONE VENTILATION FAN ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=EARTH TUBE FAN ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=PUMP ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=ZONE VRF AIR TERMINAL COOLING ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=ZONE VRF AIR TERMINAL HEATING ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=VRF HEAT PUMP COOLING ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=VRF HEAT PUMP HEATING ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=CHILLER HEATER SYSTEM COOLING ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* Key=*, VarName=CHILLER HEATER SYSTEM HEATING ELECTRIC ENERGY, Frequency=Hourly

************* There are 1 unused schedules in input.

************* There are 1 unused week schedules in input.

************* There are 3 unused day schedules in input.

************* Use Output:Diagnostics,DisplayUnusedSchedules; to see them.

************* ===== Final Error Summary =====

************* The following error categories occurred. Consider correcting or noting.

************* InterZone Surface Areas – mismatch

************* …Area mismatch errors happen when the interzone surface in zone A is

************* …not the same size as it’s companion in zone B.

************* EnergyPlus Warmup Error Summary. During Warmup: 0 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.

************* EnergyPlus Sizing Error Summary. During Sizing: 3 Warning; 0 Severe Errors.

************* EnergyPlus Completed Successfully-- 6 Warning; 0 Severe Errors; Elapsed Time=00hr 00min 1.06sec

You are right that honeybee uses Energyplus that has bee installed with openstudio. No additional energy plus is needed.