Imagebased makes the surface reflective

Hello,
Here when I run Imagebased simulation, The result I get without using any material is this-

ANd just by adding material property to ceiling surface, and even giving value as low as 0.1 for reflectance it renders the ceiling as mirror-

Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
Also, how can I get more realistic image with shart lighting with edges like this.

Thank you.

Imagebased.gh (785.4 KB)

Is there someone who knows the solution for this??

Hi @akash.changlani, if you can post the Radiance folder (with the rad files, bat files etc) that gets written out by Honeybee, I can take a look.

Regards,
Sarith

Hello Sarith,
Thanks for replying. Here are the files you asked for.
Thank you.

Image based_HB .rar (35.1 KB) ImgBsd_Glare_HB Legacy.rar (121.3 KB)

Is this a question for honeybee[+] or honeybee? It looks like it has been tagged incorrectly. Honeybee[+] doesn’t have a glare component.

Diffuse reflectance is specified through the first three digits after “0 0 5” in a Plastic definition.. The reason that your ceiling is acting somewhat like a mirror is because your current definition void plastic Reflective 0 0 5 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.0 is also assigning the specularity as 0.1. If you set your definition to void plastic Reflective 0 0 5 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.0 0.0 the ceiling surface will behave normally.

Regards,
Sarith

PS: Typical value for celing reflectance is usually between 0.8 and 0.9

I have used both here. For Imagebased I used Honeybee Plus, as I am using honeybeePlus for my point in time Illuminanace study.
But as there is no Glare analysis available yet for HB+, to examine DGP and glare I am using HB Legacy alongside HB+.
And the issue I am getting in both version.

Thanks for the reply Sarith.
Yet I am unable to get a sun image as sharp as like this.

Hi Akash, the solar altitude is likely too high and that’s why shadows aren’t being cast.
I didn’t see the sky file in the folder that you shared, but based on the file name you are currently rendering the image for 1PM on June 21st.
c:/ladybug/Glare_HBLegacy/imageBasedSimulation/CIE_sunnyWSun_sky_6_21@1300.sky

Assuming your glazing is facing the south direction, try a few different times, in morning or evening during winters.