Imageless glare (HB-Radiance) - How to restrict the result from 11am to 2pm?

Hi
I’m doing a glare analyse for a ski lodge in the moutains.
Glare is primarly an issue for dining time between 11am and 2 pm.
How can I restrict the result to that time period.
As I understand, the HB Imageless Anual Glare recipe takes all 8760 hours into account.

Use the _schedule_ input of the component to say that you only want to study the hours between !!AM and 2 PM:

Thanks for the reply.
Is it that your meaning?

Yes, that would work, though your schedule there starts at 10 AM and not 11 AM since all Ladybug data collections and honeybee schedules start counting the day from midnight and not 1 AM.

1 Like

Hi @chris,
Sorry for bring this back but there is something i don’t get. See this image:

I defined a schedule to test its influence on the results (top heatmap). The bottom heatmap shows the results using this schedule … OR not using the schedule. Meaning, the schedule is not affecting the results (is the same with/without the schedule).

To make this clearer, i was expecting to see the glare results ONLY for the scheduled hours and not all daylight’s on the heatmaps.

Where i can see the influence of the schedule is on the radial grids but ONLY AFTER I plugin the schedule to the HB_GlareMetrics component. Like so:
Without schedule results:

With schedule results:

Meaning that the schedule becomes kind of post process procedure. But in the imageless recipe it has no effect.
Will appreciate your explanations for a better understanding of the process.

Thanks,
-A.

Hi @AbrahamYezioro,

The schedule is only used when calculating Glare Autonomy. To get a heatmap with only the scheduled hours, you have to filter the hours in the “HB Wea From EPW” component. When you do this, however, it will only calculate the DGP values for the hours in the wea object, which is good if you know for sure that you only want to simulate those hours.

Maybe @chris can tell if there is a good way to filter the values in the Data Collection by a schedule.

Thanks @mikkel,
Still don’t get it. See this:

In the above image you can see that the ImagelessRecipe with the schedule plugged in GA output has the same values as the AnnualGlareMetrics GA output without schedule. When i connect the schedule to the AnnualGlareMetrics i get a different value.
When i disconnect the schedule from the Imageless i get the same GA results as before with the schedule. This is what is confusing me.
My point is that maybe the schedule there is not being considered in the calculations. Can be?

As for the heatmap, i get it and makes sense.
-A.

Hi @AbrahamYezioro ,

Hmm, what kind of object are you using as schedule? On my end it works as intended when I use a HB-Energy schedule. Are you able to share your file?

Hi @mikkel ,
Sure. Attached a simplified version.
I’m using a FixedInterval Schedule for this case.
Thanks,
-A.
AnnualGlareImageless+Schedule_Forum.gh (200.5 KB)

Hi @AbrahamYezioro,

It still works as intended on my end. I am not sure what causes the issue for you, but it seems like the recipe component is not taking into account that you connected a schedule.

Did you try to update your core libraries? Though I am not aware of any recent changes that should affect this.

1 Like

Hi @mikkel,
Usually I am updated to the release date on github.
In this case i probably miss something.
Just updated with the Versioner and now it is working as expected.
Thanks for your support!!
-A.

1 Like