Implement a window opeation model in Honeybee

Hi all,

I’m trying to simulate a closed office in which windows are opened and closed based on the following assumption taken from an article:

Windows are opened and closed based on a temperature PI control with a set-point of 25.5(C), a gain of 0.3 and integration time of 300 s running every working day all year round from 7:00 to 19:00. On workdays from 19:00 to 7:00 and on weekends the windows are closed.

How can I implement this in Honeybee?

Here is a link to the article.

Appreciate any help in advance.

I’m modelling this room just to see how my results for annual cooling/heating demand in Frankfurt climate are different from the article.

Important parts of the article:

I couldn’t understand the meaning of “gain” and “integration time” for window use, and how the cooling setpoint and window opening temperature are the same.
Anyhow, I assumed that there won’t be any window opening/closing, the heating system will be ON at 21 C just on workdays from 7 to 19 and OFF otherwise (-99 C), and likewise for cooling (ON at 25.5 and 99 C=OFF).
My results are far from what the article has reached. I’m not sure where I made a mistake. I’d be thankful if anybody could take a look to see if there is a better way to model this room to get closer results, and also how I can take windows into account.

file01.gh (603.5 KB)