Import/Export gbXML

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working with people using DesignBuilder. To share files, I proposed to use the gbXML format that seems well appropriate. But I have some issue with HoneyBee and its gbXML exporter.

First of all, it looks like there are two different gbXML exporter. The first one that export OS models to gbXML, found in the 10th tab. The second one, Grizzly Bear, in the 12th tab, found with this webpage.

What are the main differences between these two components ? Is there one that is old and that I should’nt use ?

So I’m using GrizzlyBear. I’ve installed the dependancies files in C:\gbXML. (By the way, the link in the component is dead, I’ve found a proper link on the old forum). But now I have two warnings :

- 2. Failed to find in the Honeybee schedule library. This seems to be a bit old issue because it has already been reported in 2014 but I couldn’t understand how to fix it.
- 1. Failed to find SECONDARYSCHOOL CLGSETP SETBK 50.0 SETPT 50.0 in the Honeybee schedule library. This is a schedule made by the setpoint component I suppose. Why is there a problem with that specific schedule ?
At the end, the ouptut once opened in designBuilder shows only the geometry, there are no composition or schedule in the file…

So if anyone have uptodate informations on what is possible to do as import/export gbXML, that would be very nice. Thanks for your help all !

Grizzly Bear was developed as a single component and was more of a proof of concept. It only exports HB to gbXML and doesn’t import gbXML.

The newer version is built on top of OpenStudio API and will replace Grizzly Bear. It is capable of both importing and exporting gbXML, and since it is build on top of OpenStudio API we know that there will be a continuous support for development and adding new features. I suggest you to use this one. Did you get a chance to give it a try?

Well,
With some geometries I had some parts missing and in most cases there were no informations with the geometry …

What is the version of OpenStudio that you are currently using? We can report that to the OpenStudio team and help them to fix it. Meanwhile I can take a look to GB and see how can we help you there.

Sorry for the late answer,
HoneyBee Viiiiz tells me : “Found installation of openstudio-2.5.0.” (I’ve noticed that there is now a 2.6, I’m downloading it currently)

So basically here is a geometry I’ve been working on and that I cannot achieve to export then open properly neither on DesignBuilder nor on LadyBug Spider. GBXMLexport (249.3 KB)
There are roofs between floors, no windows, and I cannot find my constructions. Whereas this works in GH, before exporting.

Edit : So I’ve updated LB, HB and openstudio. But the issue is still the same …

I just noticed that I’ve forget to attach my GH file. So here it is, normally it’s properly internalised.
GBXML Export.gh (768.3 KB)

Btw, I’ve been wondering if these issues where linked to Rhino tolerance/unit (which is often the case with adjacencies, boolean operations, or face recognition). So I made a few test but this doesn’t change anything.