Incident radiation analysis issue

I recently started using ladybug for radiation analysis and had wanted to test it on my building. However when doing it, the output of the values became messed up as seen below:

may i know what seems to be the issue and if there is any way to resolve it?

Hi @Sk3is, welcome to the forum!

Can you share a screenshot of your script?

And do have a set of legend parameters input into the incident radiation component?

Hi, this is the screenshot:

im not sure how to get a set of legend parameters input as im quite new to ladybug, and have been following online tutorials which did not show it.

There seems to be something going on with your units.

LBT should always get models in meters. And your grid size is 4000, i.e. 4 km.

Although I don’t see how that would give me he result that you are showing.

Check model units, if in mm change to meters. Change 4000 to something along the lines of 10, and try again.

If that doesn’t work internalize you geometry and attach the file here, so someone can take a look.

1 Like

i changed the model units but sadly still had the same issue

I couldn’t send the file by itself as it was too big so here is the file in google drive: solar analysis.gh - Google Drive

Hi.

Your script works, nothing wrong with that. If you draw a simple geometry, e.g. a box, it works just fine.

There is something wrong with your geometry, that is imported from Revit. I don’t know what. Perhaps a bug, that should be posted with a rhinoinsiderevit tag so that it is noted by the relevant powers.

Perhaps you should try to not run the analysis on that surface, but a layer from it. Or drawing a simpler geometry.

But please note that your gridsize is 5 km, and should probably be closer to 5-10 m.

1 Like

ah alright then thanks!