Indoor airflow simulation result

Hello I am new to the butterfly simulation and I was trying the simulation for indoor airflow.
I successfully tested the example file so I modify the file to my case, but the result comes out strange though.
Any suggestions?

Indoor_airflow_1401.gh (432.8 KB)

By the way, the mesh that created is really strange but I think the boundary setting is ok though…?

Hi,@endison8
The rhino geometry is missed in your grasshooper definition . Please upload it for further discussion.

Hi, sorry for the late reply, here is the file:

Hi,@endison8
There are serval bug for your grasshooper definition.

1. refine will should be more higher to retain the shape of geomertry.
  2. The X/Y/Z mesh count should be more.

3.the surface level should equal to max refine level.

Here is the screenshot of velocity in Rhino.

And I suggest you to use paraview for visualization.

Thank you so much for the reply, sorry but I have a few questions though…

1. may I ask what does the refine level mean? Why should I set to (4,4) instead of the example file (2,2)?
  2. Number 3: the surface level should equal to max refine level. I’m not sure which of the screen shot setting made the surface level equal to the max refine level?

Hi,@endison8

The value of refine level depends on the details of the geometry.East and west windows are thin and long. You should set a grid for east and west windows,so you should set high level for them.

The refine levle I set is (4,6).So the surface level is 6.

Hi @minggangyin
How did you determine the cell count? I’ve tried to input 3 numbers like you did but it produced very large numbers for velocity with the majority of the cells stayed at blue (lowest number)

After I disconnected the cell_count the result seems to be correct, however I want to get finer result than that

hello, could anyone help me? I tried to run the simulation but the result is not what I needed to be.

I can’t find the error on the model.

20032021 Scripted Pasar Rumput Lantai Hunian Butterfly.gh (634.2 KB)

thank you in advance.

@minggangyin could you please help me with this? Thank you.

@tsuwys You model is complex. So the meshing maybe failed. Please check the mesh and make sure all the meshing is inside of room.

@minggangyin ah I see, let me check. May I ask about something else? when we’re define the refine levels, is there any provision before changing the numbers?

@tsuwys You should study the blockMesh and snappyHexMesh setting in OpenFOAM.
Here is a nice tutorial for this.
http://www.wolfdynamics.com/wiki/meshing_OF_SHM.pdf

@minggangyin thank you so much for your help.

are this simulation with buttrfly