Infiltration and Ideal Load Scheduling Issue

Hi All!

I’m interrogating a model at the moment because it is providing me rather high heating and cooling loads (9000+ kWh/m2!) for a 42mx43m building and I have two questions:

a) The infiltration schedule that has been created seems to have one day of each week with a very low number (refer to image below). I am confused as to what is happening here, as both sunday and saturday schedules are the same for all other schedules. However, as you can see in the image below, despite having the same schedule (be fully on 24/7), there is one day in every week which is out…

b) The ideal loads are not registering the heating and cooling set points I have provided. Refer to the image of the modelling below - it looks like heating and cooling are being provided to the space outside of the scheduled 8-4pm occupancy time. Despite changing the set points to other points, it is not working… is there a component where I can tell the ideal loads heating and cooling to turn on/off? Can you see an obvious issue in my heating/cooling set point schedule (I tried making the set point for when I don’t want the heating to turn on to be -10°C yet it did not seem to work)?

Is there a bug in this?

Kind Regards,

Elzine

I decided to try use the HVAC systems and assign the cooling/heating availability that way. However, it is creating the schedule for every zone (thus having duplicate schedules) which causes the simulation to crash with sever error!

I understand that Honeybee is moving to have HVAC systems applied via openstudio outside of rhino/GH itself, but could I request the component for ideal loads be fixed to not create duplicate schedules? =)

Anyone know of a way to get the ideal loads to only turn on/off to a schedule?

Find attached the gh file for the topic.

Kind Regards,

Elzine

Case Study.gh (967 KB)