Interior vertical blinds with 5-phase method HB[+]

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of questions using HB+, 5-phase, for daylight simulations.
The building model I used for my simulations is an office space with a south-oriented façade. This façade contains one big window with vertical interior blinds.

I used the 3-phase method, but now I would like to use the 5-phase method to compare the results for both methods with regard to visual comfort. I’ve read that one method to do this is by using a BSDF surface as a proxy for detailed blind geometry. But I don’t understand how this works. My questions are:

• Can I use the same BSDFs for the interior vertical blinds which I used for the 3-phase method? I used BSDFs for the different slat angles in case of the 3-phase method.
  • How do I introduce the *proxy geometry’? Can I do this by drawing the slats for the different slat angles and connect them as to HB_srfs_ for each slat angle? Or does HB[+] see this as ‘double shading’ through the presence of the drawn surfaces for the slats and the BSDFs with the vertical blinds?

I partly understand the function of the proxy geometry and found information about the 5-phase method, but as you probably see I don’t know enough to translate this into to a functional HB[+] script.

Could some help me?

I looked already to the HB[+] example files for the 5-phase method, but these are for glazing with to states: clear and diffuse. So, in this case the geometry of the shading doesn’t play a big role.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Kim Bodde