Interior windows solar heat gains

Hi to all,

I am currently developing a parametric model for a shading and radiation study. I have been able to parameterize the zones with different orientations but I was surprise of not seeing any solar heat gains in the core zone. The interior walls are mean to imitate holes through a interior window with maximum transparency to radiation. Am I missing something? Is it possible to obtain results for Solar Gains Interior Windows like in Design Builder? is it possible to make holes in the interior walls?

Thanks

Parametric model optimization_Test.gh (574.7 KB)

Hi again,
Is possible to get solar gains interior windows in Honeybee?

Thanks

i think the problem might be that your u-value for the interior windows is zero - which just means that you are not considering any kind of heat transfer at all. you can apply a really high u-value to it to get the heat gains.

1 Like

Hi @hmurya,
I tried that also. But as far as I know, the U-value should not affect the transmitted solar radiation.
Do you know if it is possible to obtain the solar gains interior windows?

Thanks

Hi,

I will assume this is not possible to obtain with Honeybee.

Thanks

Hi to all,
Has anybody figured this out? is it possible to obtain zone interior windows’ solar heat gains from HB?

I am running a solar heat gains simulations for a very basic model with an atrium and I cannot obtain any result from the rooms. I am assuming that I am connecting the wrong output but I am not sure which one is correct, can anybody point me out in the right direction?

Thanks
Interior windows solar gains.gh (281.3 KB)

Hi @Julioamodia89

Have a look here:

1 Like