Ironbug Beta Release (outdated)

Hi @MichaelEsposito,

I had this problem. I fixed it downloadning the last package for OS 3.1.0 from https://www.nuget.org/packages/OpenStudio/ .

1 Like

I wonder if you unblocked the Ironbug package …
-A.

1 Like

Yes, ironbug was unblocked before I unzipped it to my C:\ drive.

Ironbug does load properly when I change open studio back to 3.0.1, but I would like to update to OS 3.1 so it is in sync with LBT 1.2.

Ironbug hasn’t been tested with OS 3.1 yet. I am planning to do test it this weekend.

3 Likes

I encountered the same error that @MichaelEsposito had, after trying to install Ironbug for first time. I have installed OS 3.1 recently too.

Hi @MichaelEsposito @islamrihan,

Here is the version that works with OpenStudio 3.1.
Ironbug_20210329.zip (1.5 MB)

Note: please remove “C:\Ironbug” folder first before unzipping this new version.

5 Likes

Awesome thank you! the loading errors are no longer there

Fantastic! Thank you Mingbo!

Hello @MingboPeng,

I’ve just tested the new version your uploaded. It’s awesome but I’ve failed to find the ladybug & Honeybee related function you mentioned, such as Ladybug.SortByLayers, Honeybee.ReadAnnualResultsIII etc. All others Ironbug issues seem perfectly. Could you do me a favour? Thanks.

Hi @YZZhang
Ladybug.SortByLayers and Honeybee.ReadAnnualResultsIII have been moved out of Ironbug, but you can find them in the latest ladybug legacy version.

HI @MingboPeng, will the version of Ironbug from March 29, 2021 work with OpenStudio 3.2? Thank you!

Hi @MingboPeng and community!
Thanks for all the work and support you’ve been giving to users.
I have a question regarding Ironbug: Is it useful for DOMESTIC HOT WATER calculations? Because in the past Ladybug had a component but with the new version it seems that it has no support on that.

Thanks in advance,

Carles

Hi @Vance07,

Domestic hot water is supported in both the new LBT plugin and Ironbug.

Hi @molly, sorry for the late reply. I don’t see any issues with Ironbug working with OpenStudio 3.2.

Hi @MingboPeng,

I am trying to use the Ironbug_20210329.zip file with OS 3.2 but I am still getting all those startup errors that people are complaining about.

I checked my openstudio/csharp folder and it does have all the .dll files that you mentioned in another post:

Wonder what can be done to fix this issue :confused:

edit: it may be important to mention that I tried updating from an older version of Ironbug, but I deleted the Ironbug folder located at C:\ first as directed

Try this install: Don’t forget to un-block zip before install:
This version I was running with OS 3.2.0 with no issues:
link to post with IB downloads
And I think(THINK) the *.dll fix was for the pinvoke error: I’m pretty sure your current issue is the ver of IB doesn’t work with OS 3.2

Is there a solution that I can keep Ironbug working if I update to this version?

I don’t understand, @fn . Is Ironbug not working when you run the sample file posted earlier in this thread?

I tried one to run LB Versioner and updated OS to 3.3 as suggested and got trouble like this Ironbug Beta Release (outdated) - #88 by Leite
So the newest version is working also with OS 3.2?

I moved you issue over here, @fn , since it seems that it does not have to do with the other post you originally made. Did you follow Trevor’s suggestion?