Ironbug set availability schedule

Hi @MingboPeng,

I’ve tried to define the HVAC availability schedule without success. There’s a similar post in the forum, but the solution is on the Ironbug version. I thought I’ve installed latest version of Ironbug. Could you please take a look?

20200223 test ironbug_to forum.gh (629.9 KB)

Thank you.
Xavier

Hi @XavierZhouLadybug

I think you have installed the new version, but some components in your file were copied from files of old version. I’d suggest to use templates from:

In terms of setting up schedules, you can find examples from here: http://hydrashare.github.io/hydra/viewer?owner=MingboPeng&fork=hydra&id=Ironbug_Add_Schedules&slide=0&scale=1&offset=0,0

1 Like

Thank you Mingbo! The solution is to use IB schedule instead of HB schedule.

@MingboPeng looking for some guidance here. I am using this method and applying an “Availability” Schedule to the airloop fan. However, the fan does not shut down even when the schedule value is “0”. In fact it seems like the fan ramps up when the building is unoccupied.

Hi @ApoorvGoyal,

You turn off the fan from airloop’s supply side, which has lower system control than airloop’s demand side, meaning if any zone or any system on this airloop’s demand side, it still would force the supply side to operate, especially the fan (an essential part of the airloop).

I did a quick test to set schedule to airloop’s fan, and the same schedule to air terminals. It seems runs correctly based on my schedule.

2 Likes