ISO 52000 EPB Compliance

Dear all,
I couldn’t find info on ISO 52000-series compliance of Ladybug-driven tools. It seems only ANSI/ASHRAE compliance is impemented.
Anyone knows better?
Thanks,
vince

@vim-ladyb ,

I think you might be confusing the energy simulation/calculation method with the guideline/standard for what properties of building materials/equipment should be targeted in each climate.

As I understand it, ISO 52000 lays out recommended methods for setting up energy models (eg. zoning) and running calculations to estimate the energy use of buildings. Honeybee uses EnergyPlus to calculate energy use, which is arguably the most customizable open source energy simulation engine available. And we use Rhino for the geometry, which allows you to set up zones in any configuration imaginable. So I would think than any body requiring an ISO-type simulation for compliance should accept EnergyPlus as an acceptable simulation engine, as long as the modeler sets up the zones and the simulation parameters following the ISO guideline.

On the other hand, ASHRAE 90.1 isn’t a simulation/calculation method. It is a set of guidelines that list recommended levels of insulation, shading, efficiencies of HVAC equipment and lighting for a range of climate zones spanning across the globe. ASHRAE 90.1 is used as the basis for the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) and, in this respect is an international standard that many countries use.

Perhaps, when you say “ISO 52000 compliance” you actually mean compliance with a certain version of the IECC using the ISO 52000 methods?