Issue with floors and ceilings adjacencies in Dragonfly

Hi,

I’m trying to solve the ceiling and floors adjacencies in a Dragonfly model, and I’ve encountered an issue. No matter what I try, the surfaces between floors are showing up as adiabatic, and I can’t account for heat transfer between them.

I’ve been following the tutorial “Rooms to stories to buildings” from the Dragonfly youtube series, but I’ve also encountered the same problem when using footprints or building solids.

Could someone please help me understand how to properly solve adjacencies between floors in Dragonfly so that heat transfer can be considered?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Hi,

I have resolved the “issue” (thanks to @Batiste !). When I checked the output model directly with OpenStudio, I was able to confirm that ceiling adjacencies were correctly assigned to “Surface” and not “Adiabatic” (using “ceil_adjancency_” attribute in “DF Model to geoJSON” component).

The key is to use the component “HB Visualize by BC” instead of “HB Visualize by Type” to visualize the output model. I’m not sure why the visualization works correctly with one component and not the other, but perhaps this auto-answer will be useful for someone else.

Using “HB Visualize by BC”

Using “HB Visualize by Type”

2 Likes