Issues Running LBT 1.6.0

After installing LBT 1.6.0, I could not make any of my models run.

I uninstalled Open Studio, LBT, Radiance from my computer, and installed LBT again using the Pollination packaged exe.

I created the simplest energy model script of a box using only 1.6.0 components, and I get the following error when I hit True my toggle that is connected to the ‘write’ input of the HB_Model_To_OSM component.

“1. Solution exception:global name ‘original_model’ is not defined”

Test.gh (40.5 KB)

This seems to be a local problem with my computer, because I know others can run it in their computers. I do not know what else can be done to make it work in my PC. Please help!

Thanks,

Hi @Yure - Can you connect a panel to the out output and copy the whole error message?

Great idea
Runtime error (UnboundNameException): global name ‘original_model’ is not defined

Traceback:
line 1413, in remove_degenerate_geometry, “C:\Program Files\ladybug_tools\python\Lib\site-packages\honeybee\model.py”
line 168, in script

Also, if I go to the 168 line it shows this:

Hi @Yure - That’s helpful! The error is because of the Rhino units. Make sure they are set correctly based on the size of your model. A box with an 8 mm height cannot be simulated.

@mostapha that cant be it. I am getting the same error in all of my models. Models that used to work that have real dimensions. Here another one that throughs the exact same error that used to run last week.

Tent Studies.gh (660.6 KB)

I’ve seen this answer a few times on the forum. Could one of the devs simply add a tooltip/error tip on the corresponding nodes that prompts the user to check their units? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for finding and reporting the bug, @Yure . I just pushed a fix for it:

Now, you should get the correct error message when this happens:

3 Likes

The fix is now available with the LB Versioner.

3 Likes

Dear @chris,

Could you please inform us in detail about how to tackle this error (step by step)?

Thanks in advance, and I’m waiting for your reply.

Regards
Mostafa

Hi @mostafa_22, it would be useful to get some more information of the problem.

• What have you tried to do to resolve the issue
  • What’s your current LBT version and how did you install?
  • Are you able to share any other details of your model?

Hey @mostafa_22 ,

Changing your Rhino model units to a value that makes sense and then re-computingthe Grasshopper canvas will get the simulation to run. The error results from the fact that EnergyPlus cannot run successfully with a model that’s a few millimeters across.

Thanks @chris for your reply, I have followed your suggestions, and I have tackled this issue

1 Like