Ladybug Daylight Analysis Error

Hello, I’m trying to run a daylight analysis but I’m receiving this error and I couldn’t find anyone having this error online, I tried renewing and updating components to 1.3 but the error is still there. Do you perhaps know what this error refers to?

1. Solution exception:Unable to translate bytes [E7] at index 8 from specified code page to Unicode.

This error happens because you have some non-ASCII characters somewhere in your model or your file paths and LBT 1.3 was not able to handle this.

We fixed a lot of issues related to non-ASCII character support in LBT 1.4 and the latest development version of the LBT plugin. So I would recommend upgrading and see if you still get the error.

If you still get the error, then please upload a minimal sample file that recreates the issue and I will see if I can fix it.

Hi, Chris, I’m using the LBT 1.4 and I have the same problem, can you help with this?

Residência Teste Grasshopper.gh (109.3 KB)

None of your geometry is internalized, @Lucas , so there’s no way that I could recreate your issue. But I see you are using LBT 1.4 and you should upgrade to LBT 1.5.

Ops, sorry, my bad. I updated and fixed the internalized.

House Test.gh (127.3 KB)

I will just leave this for @chris. The issue is the ã charachter is the .epw file.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting this, @Lucas , and for identifying the issue @mikkel . This is a case that we should be able to handle and I’ll try to push a fix soon. In the meantime, removing or replacing that character in the EPW should enable the whole process to work.

Thanks again @mikkel and @Lucas . I just pushed a fix for this case:

You should be able to get it with the LB Versioner in an hour or so and, after that, you can simulate the original EPW file successfully: