Ladybug dynamo nodes giving error on Revit 2020

Hi,

I tried using the ladybug package for the first time in revit 2020, and the two nodes that I tried (Calculate HOY, and Import Location) were giving me the same error:

ERROR:
	invalid literal for float(): DynamoForRevit

If you think this is a bug submit an issue on github.
https://github.com/ladybug-tools/ladybug-dynamo/issues
and include below error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 55, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 18, in tryGetPluginPath
ValueError: invalid literal for float(): DynamoForRevit

Is there anything I’m possibly doing wrong? How can I make it work?

1 Like

Hi @sed07, I submitted a request today to get access to Revit so I can test it myself. Meanwhile this PR may address the issue:

Hi, I also get the identical error in Revit 2020 with the Import EPW node (tried with several different EPW files).

Dear Friends did you find a solution to this . I am currently struggling with the same issue

Hello Mostapha

I am having the same problem. I am using Revit 20, having 2.1.0 Dynamo and 0.1.7 Ladybug (I tried to install the latest 0.2.1 version of ladybug. However, environmental analysis folder is missing with this version)

Thanks.

Hello, I’m having the exact same issue. Are there any solutions yet?

Hi all,
I am getting the same issue.

Dynamo 2.2.1.5175
Revit 2020
Ladybug 0.2.1

Any updates?

Thanks in advance!

Hello, I am having the exact issue as well…I just downloaded Ladybug for Dynamo. However, I keep getting this error for all the ladybug components i am using (Invalid literal for float(): DynamoForRevit)…

I currently have dynamo 2.1.07733 with Revit 2020, and ladybug 0.2.1, are these not compatible with each other? or is it something else I have to do, please assist.

If they are not compatible, how can I run an older version of dynamo while using 2020 Revit?

Having same problem as well, if anyone has a solution please share…or if they have another node that does similar thing it would be nice. I am not moving into grasshopper or rhino.

Hi, I’m having a similar issue. Has anybody found a solution ?

Having the same trouble.
Using Revit 2020
Newest version of Dynamo
Newst version of Ladybug

Does older versions work as intended?

Same issue. Revit 2020.2, Dynamo 2.3, Ladybug 0.2.1. Is there a workaround that does not involve using Rhino or rebuilding the model in Revit 2018/2019? I guess it is worth exporting an IFC or similar format and importing to an earlier Revit version with a functioning version of Ladybug.

This issue is happening because the Dynamo changes its installation folder in every couple of releases. At the same time there is no easy way to access this data from the API. We had to guess what will happen next which was not really efficient.

I have opened an issue about this in 2016.

I will consider updating our nodes and try to fix it once the Dynamo team resolves this issue. You may want to go and comment on the issue or vote it up so they consider it sooner than later.

PS: I understand that it is causing a lot of issues for Dynamo-only users and I understand that this is not your fault. At the same time, there is a limit on how much time we can spend to come up with workarounds for Dynamo! We have well passed that limit and I have tried several times to communicate this as a major issue to Dynamo team but it doesn’t seem to be important enough for them to fix it.

3 Likes

Hi there! I have the same issue as you! Is there any solution to it?

Hi there! I have the same issue in revit 2022. Is there any solution?