Ladybug for Dynamo - SunPath node - time of day range limitation?

Hi

I’m trying to troubleshoot the use of SunPath for a colleague and I’m finding odd behaviour in the handling of time of day ranges, specifically it appears that the SunPath node will not produce outputs beyond a 14 hour range.

For example, if the range is every hour from 0500 to 1900, It produces output for 0500 to 1300. (the last hour is not included in the range too but I’m guessing that’s intended).

Is this a known issue?

I’m using LadyBug 0.2.0 package in Dynamo.

@CaptainDan You should upload some screenshot of your question.

1 Like

Can you share a screenshot of this? Why don’t you just add the extra hour?

Hi Mostapha

Apologies if it wasn’t clear: the problem is the part “if the range is every hour from 0500 to 1900, It produces output for 0500 to 1300

A screenshot of a different time range but the same phenomenon (0600 to 2000 but SunPath goes from 0600 to 1800):

I will admit the time range is extreme but for whatever reason my colleague wants a fairly wide range of times.

Actually the more drastic one (1300 vs 1900) actually disappeared when I refreshed my packages so the only problem remaining is that the time range seems to end at 1800.

Are you sure that the sun is still up at 18:00? Sunpath automatically removes sun vectors that altitude is smaller than 0.

@mostapha That makes sense! I’ll mention it. Not sure why they’d want such a large time range…