Ladybug Photovoltaics Surface - 0m^2 surface area

Hi,
I’m a university student currently studying Rhinoceros & Grasshopper in a programming module. We’ve been tasked with coming up with our own brief to demonstrate our understanding of the program. I intend to make a script which can edit the pitch of the roof of a building to maximise PV output on a given day at a given time. Preceding this, I just want to make a script which states how much electricity is generated by a solar panel of a roof at a certain angle.

My Problem is that despite having created a pitched roof and connected it to the Photovoltaics Surface component, the system size is 0kW which i believe is because the stated surface area of PV panelling is 0m^2. I don’t know how to change this and would appreciate any advice.

I’m sorry if this post crosses any guidelines or isn’t very well put together, I’m a first timer.

Regards,

Mike.

It would help if you could share the file. On another thought, is the surface normal of the surface in the direction of the sun?

Hi Devang,

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to upload the grasshopper and weather files to this forum but as I’m a new user it’s not within my permissions unfortunately. I’ll check that the surface is normal to the direction of the sun!