LadyBug. Using daylight results to find optimal spaces for solar panels

HELP Pls. I am trying to figure out how I can use the ladybug daylight hours tool to identify optimal areas for solar panel placement. I want to show a rectangle on the surface, where results are above a specified domain. For example purple and red coloured grids will not show a rectangle or mesh, but orange-yellow coloured grids will. I have tried doing this by creating a parametric facade and scaling it, but do not know how to apply my own specified domain for daylight results. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, also any recomendations on how i may alternatively represent this would be awesome too!

This discussion should be helpful. Alternatively, you can use the native grasshopper component cull faces to do what you wish to do here.

Hi devang,

Thank you so much for your response!, unfortunately the links and photos on the discussion page you linked are no longer accessible. I cannot see any images or download and example scripts. I attempted to use the mesh selector components to select meshes within intended thresholds, however became stuck once again. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached my grasshopper script to this document
UPDATE: could not attach script as I am a new user.

Hi,

Wouldn’t knowing the incident radiation on the surfaces be better?

To achieve this, you can use the LB Incident Radiation component, if you are using LBT 1.1. That way you can get an overview of the incoming solar radiation in kWh/m2, not just the hours.

This thread could be helpful:

For the legacy plugins I think it is the Ladybug_Radiation_Analysis that would be helpful.

https://mostapharoudsari.gitbooks.io/ladybug-primer/content/text/components/Radiation_Analysis.html

To cull the mesh, you need to create a pattern with a conditional statement with GH componenets, alternatively you can try the Mesh_Threshold_Selector.

https://mostapharoudsari.gitbooks.io/ladybug-primer/content/text/components/Mesh_Threshold_Selector.html