LB analysis period

Consider for example some hourly average monitoring data from 8 am of a particular day to 18 pm of another day. I have to use the LB analysis period considering this range:

It happens that all hourly data out of the range 8 am - 18 pm are cutted off:

It could be useful to add an option that allow to consider all hourly data in the established range.

I added a post also in github.

Francesco,
What is it that you are looking for exactly? A way to extract a stream of continuous data starting at 8AM from an EPW or a way of displaying such a data set that you already have on the 3D chart? I can show you how to do either with Ladybug depending on what you are trying to do.
-Chris

What is it that you are looking for exactly?

The II option: a way of displaying such a data set that I already have on the 3D chart.

I have partially solved by replicating the first data (related to 8AM) for the first hours of the day (red arrow in the figure below):

There are still some “problems” not solved and reported here.

1. Blue arrows: standardization of visualized u.m.

2. Black arrow: if the series of hourly data is not a multiple value of 24 hours, the horizontal lines of the graph curves are truncate to the previous full day. It could be better if the line completely fills the graph.

F.

Hi Francesco and Chris,

This is interesting.

These 2 possibilities will make clear to more than one the right process:

1. Extract and/or display data from an hour to an hour for all the period (say 8 to 15)

2. Extract and/or display data from an starting hour on a specific day to an hour of a specific day including all hours in that period.

I’ll say that until now i thought that analysisPeriod gives the second option and now i see that it gives the first.

Thanks,

-A.

Francesco,

I realize that this solution is a bit hacky but here is how I would achieve what you are trying to do:

You basically just replace those parts of the data set that you don’t want with zeros (or add zeros where appropriate) and use a conditional statement to get rid of them on the chart.

Let me know if this is what you are going for.

-Chris

Specific Data Set.gh (405 KB)

Thank you Chris.

There is now to solve only the “problem” highlighted in the previous post with the blue arrows: standardization of visualized u.m.

Best regards,

F.

Francesco,

You will see in my previous example that, if you use the header text that was previously assigned to the data (or you use the construct a LB header component), the units will display correctly.

Let me know if I am understanding your question correctly,

-Chris

You will see in my previous example that […] the units will display correctly.

Let me know if I am understanding your question correctly […]

Hi Chris,

sorry for the delay and sorry if I am tedious… The unit is not displayed correctly. In the International System of Units, the symbol for the temperature in degree Celsius is °C and not simply C. I think it could be useful to add the parenthesis each time you add the unit of measurement (I prefer the square brackets but the round brackets are used too) both in the header and legend. Now, if I use the LBHeader and I define the unit, for example [°C], in the header I found something like this: ([°C]). If I exclude the square brackets and then in the unit I input only °C, in the upper limit of the legend I find °C and not (°C). So I think It would better to standardize the visualization of the u.m. in the graph with all the parenthesis (preferably square brackets).

F.

Francesco,

I added some code that will automatically sense if you have started the units with ( or [ so that you can now get the units displaying as you like:

https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/ladybug/commit/cfa068820affb56b…

I think that we should leave the default the way that it is since I believe the degree symbol might cause some issues on computers that have different language settings and I am not sure if the use of ( or [ is an international standard. Still, you at least have a way to edit the component input to get it to display the way you want now (attached).

-Chris

CustomUnitsFormat.gh (385 KB)

I added some code that will automatically sense if you have started the units with ( or [ so that you can now get the units displaying as you like

Thank you!

I am not sure if the use of ( or [ is an international standard.

There are different positions about this aspect. You can read more about here.