LB Sunlight Hours Analysis strange result and confusing output

Hello,

I had two issues working with the Ladybug Sunlight Hours Analysis component recently.

1 - In the simple urban layout you can see from the image the taller building is straight on the south and symmetrical comparing the lower horizontal building. But the diagram of the sunlight hours on the south facade of the lower horizontal building is a sort of strange. I would expect the point of the facade receiving the least amount of sun light hours is the one where the red arrow is pointing, in the bottom center of the facade. But it is not. Is this possible?

The analysis period is all the hours of the days from 22.04 to 22.08

Lat.59.4 Lon.24.7 timezone+2

The same analysis including the ground produces the same (not expected) results.

To double check I also run a Radiation Analysis and this looks more appropriate, the area of the facade receiving the least radiation it is in the bottom center of the lower horizontal building (despite also in this case the point receiving the least radiation is not the one exactly in the bottom center of the facade as I would expect but this small deviation could depend from the low settings accuracy).

This is the definition.

2 - using the same model I realized that if the timestep input of the Sunlight Hours Anlaysis is changed, for example from the default value (1) to 4 then the totalSunlightHours result also change!! It gets 1/4 or the original result using the default time step of 1 and this is quite confusing.

Thank you in advance.

Francesco

Hello again, I think I can give the (same) answer to both the previous points. Increasing the number of steps in both the SunPath component and in the Sunlight Hours Analysis component makes a smoother result for the diagram and the point with the least number of sun light hours is the one in the bottom center of the facade and the number of sunlight hours is correct.