LBT 1.2.3 Versioner

Hi Folks,

After updating to 1.2.3 and restarting Rhino I’m getting this error message for the LB_Versioner component:

1. Solution exception:

Failed to import ladybug_rhino: Cannot import name give_popup_message

Other components seem to be unaffected. Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Patryk

You’re using a new “LB Versioner” component without having the new core libraries installed.

If it isn’t all fixed when you next restart Rhino, it might just be better to run the uninstaller.gh, then re-run the Food4Rhino installer, then run the “LB Versioner” 1.2.0 if you want to get the latest development version.

That’s what I pretty much did the first time (was installing LBT on a new computer so no need to uninstall) but I followed your steps anyways to double check and I’m getting the same warning after restarting rhino.
Before restarting and after updating to the latest dev version:

v1.2.81

I found a release from 21 days ago that I can successfully update to and I’m going to roll with this for now, but would be interested to know what goes wrong when I’m updating to the latest release.

The orange component is not a failure and it is not the error that you were getting before. It seems pretty clear that you are not restarting Rhino/Grasshopper after you get the orange component the first time. Just do that and you should be fine.

I understand orange component is not a failure. I am restarting Rhino - and AFTER I do that the component (Versioner) is turning red. Additionally other components are turning red as well so I’m not able to run scripts that I created earlier with a version that is somewhere between 1.2.0 and the latest one, so I’m going to stick to 1.2.81 which is currently working for me. Thanks for your help anyways.

@chris I gave it another try and I wasn’t able to replicate this issue on my personal computer so I’m assuming it must be organizational restrictions preventing the proper update on my work computer. this is a little strange because it has never been an issue for me in the past.

I’ll address this with our IT.

Thanks again!

@patrykWozniczka ,

Thanks for the update and this is pretty odd. I see in your screenshot that the Versioner is installing ladybug-rhino==1.31.0, which definitely includes the give_popup_message method. Maybe if you’re able to give us the full vizzz output when the component is red, that will give us some insight.