LBT 1.3 point in time - Adjust sky failed

Hi, it’s exciting to try all the radiance-related functions of legacy in LBT 1.3!
But when I tried the EXAMPLE FILE called “gridbased” (think I don’t need to upload this file again?) within the honeybee-radiance folder downloaded with the installer, , I had a problem as it shows:
Runtime error (PythonException): The recipe failed to run with the following summary:

Scheduled 7 tasks of which:

• 2 ran successfully:
    • 1 CreateRadFolder(…)
    • 1 GenerateSky(…)
  • 1 failed:
    • 1 AdjustSky(…)
  • 4 were left pending, among these:
    • 4 had failed dependencies:
      • 1 CreateOctree(…)
      • 1 LetPointInTimeGridFly(…)
      • 1 PointInTimeGridRayTracing(…)
      • 1 _Main_89d38f18Orchestrator(…)

This progress looks :frowning: because there were failed tasks

Use the report_out attribute of recipe settings to see a full report.

Traceback:
line 96, in script

I have updated my RADIANCE version per the recommendation. Does anyone know how to resolve it?
Thank you in advance!

Hi @tiffiena ,

Can you upload the log file that is at:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\simulation\hb_sample_model_grid\point_in_time_grid\__logs__\logs.log

That will allow us to see the exact error (the same as you would see with the report_out attribute that the error message suggests). Then, I can know exactly what went wrong and we can push a fix.

Thank you for the quick reply, Chris!
Here is the log file:
logs.log (11.6 KB)

Could that be caused by my user name which has a space? :joy: Just realized it.

Yep! It’s the whitespace. Give me through today to push a fix for this. In the meantime, you might be able to get the recipe to run by plugging in a folder_ with no white spaces into the HB Recipe Settings component and assigning those settings to the recipe.

Ok, i just merged a fix into the development version of the plugin:

@tiffiena , if you would not mind running the LB Versioner, restarting Rhino, and then try running the grid-based recipe again, it would be good to have confirmation that everything is fixed now.

This is a big enough issue that I am going to update the installer.gh that comes with Food4Rhino. If you let me know that things are fixed before the end of the day, I’ll update the installer sooner than later. Otherwise, I’ll just update it tomorrow.

Hi @chris,
To be a good citizen, I tested what you asked for and it works fine:

-A.

1 Like

Thank you, @AbrahamYezioro and @tiffiena ,
I just updated the installer.gh on Food4Rhino to include the new fix. I’m glad that we were able to patch this one and I’m sure you helped a lot of people here.

2 Likes

Thank you, Chris!!! I didn’t have a chance to test it until today. It works well!
and also thank @AbrahamYezioro for the test.

:wink:

1 Like

Hi everyone! I faced the same initial problem of @tiffiena but I don’t seem to figure out how to fix it. I followed your suggestion and updated everything. Now I have the 1.5 version.

this is the error I visualize now:

1. Solution exception:The recipe failed to run with the following summary:

Scheduled 9 tasks of which:

• 2 failed:
    • 1 CreateRadFolder(…)
    • 1 GenerateSky(…)
  • 7 were left pending, among these:
    • 7 had failed dependencies:
      • 1 AdjustSky(…)
      • 1 CreateOctree(…)
      • 1 LetPointInTimeGridFly(…)
      • 1 PointInTimeGridRayTracing(…)
      • 1 RestructureResults(…)

This progress looks :frowning: because there were failed tasks

Use the report_out attribute of recipe settings to see a full report.

Many thanks for any feedback!