LBT Version 1.6 Install Problem

Hi All -

I’ve been using the Pollination Rhino Plugin installer as “single click” installer for latest LBT version and I have admin rights while installing; however, after installing LBT 1.6 grasshopper components with Pollination Rhino plugin install I find that they don’t work. I had no issue with 1.5 components using this install method.

Did the “correct” location of the components or recommended install method change with LBT 1.6?

Context Provided Below.
I checked my machine:
C:\ladybug_tools = empty
C:\Program Files\ladybug_tools\grasshopper = full of user objects

Link to installer: - updated again today

Simple example script below:

Error

1. Solution exception:‘LegendParameters’ object has no attribute ‘properties_3d’

Snip of HB Check Versions

Temporary Solution
LBT 1.6 worked when I used single click Grasshopper installer instead of Rhino.

Rhino installer placed Python_exe under C:\users\username\ladybug_tools
While Grasshopper installer placed it under C:\ProgramFiles\ladybug_tools\

This is setup that works

Hey @victorbrac ,

I have to imagine that there was something else going on with your machine since many of us have used the Pollination Rhino installer and it correctly puts the installation in C:\ProgramFiles\ladybug_tools\ by default.

Maybe by “Rhino installer” you meant “Food4Rhino” installer? In that case, yes, the installer.gh file on Food4Rhino puts stuff into the User folder since it assumes that it does not have Admin access to install things in “Program Files”. But I would not recommend using the Food4Rhino installer unless you are on Mac since we don’t have Pollination single-click installers for Mac yet.

Hi @chris,

Nope, not the Food4Rhino installer. I used the Pollination Rhino installer, which I have been using for LBT installs as well. Just had the hiccup with the latest version as mentioned. I’ll report back if there’s an issue next time I update.

From LBT point of view, should it matter if install is in ProgramFiles or User folder on PC? From commercial user point of view, perhaps User folder would be beneficial if it bypasses potential admin restrictions on updates / allows use of LB Versioner.