LBT2PH: Issue with Window Shading Creator

Continuing the discussion from LB to PHPP error: Solution exception:CreateInstance() takes no arguments (1 given):

Hi @anto.ac ,

I moved this new window-related question to a new topic thread. Hope that is ok.

I don’t have your model geometry, so I can’t tell for sure from your GH file alone where the problem might be. But if you open the simplified version attached here does it work for you? It all seems to be working if I pass it some simple geometry?

Royal Street_PHPP generator_EM_Edits.gh (58.5 KB)

Hi @edpmay, thanks for this. I have tried your simplified version and it doesn’t work either. Might it be because that my shape is concave? My Rhino geometry is here if it helps.
Thank you!

Hmm- interesting. There is some funny triangulation occurring with your geometry, but the shading builder does seem to be working, for me at least.

Perhaps if you want to email me directly at: Ed@bldgtyp.com we can take a closer look? It might be something related to the HB version you have there - most of the components for LBT2PH work with the latest HB v1.3, and the file you are using has a mix of older 1.2 components, as well as some old 0.68 components? Might be something conflicting in there perhaps?

best,
@edpmay

Thanks again, @edpmay. There must have been some problems with the geometry, I am not sure what, but I have rebuilt it in Rhino 7 and seems to work now. Thank you!

I now have another issue with the seasonal radiation calculator, the error says: “Runtime error (DivideByZeroException): Attempted to divide by zero.” Any idea of what’s going on?

Royal Street_PHPP generator.gh (683.0 KB)

Hi @anto.ac

Interesting. I think that you may be running into a Rhino meshing problem there? I think that wherever you are importing the geometry from, its not coming in super clean for some reason, the geometry’s location is about 530,895,688 m (I think I have that right?) away from Rhino’s world 0,0,0

and so for some reason, converting the window surfaces to ‘mesh’ geometry is resulting in an error?

but, if I simply take your geometry, and move it to Rhino’s world 0,0,0, or nearabouts

it all then seems to mesh properly, and the shading solver works.

Maybe give that a try and see if that works for you? As a general rule, I’d say try getting your GH rigg workign with super simple geometry built cleanly in Rhino, and then once that is all working you can start wrestling with importing geometry from outside (which is always a challenge for sure).

I’m honestly not sure why it would be getting those meshing errors with the geometry like that, but maybe 500 million meters from the origin is outside the limits for something inside Rhino’s meshing solver?

let me know if that works for you though!
best,
@edpmay

2 Likes

It works!!! Thank you soooooo much! You are a life saviour! :star2: