LEED detailed model appendix G ASHRAE 90.1

Hello everyone,

I have been trying for a while now (quite unsucesfully) to make a detailed model following appendix G of ASHRAE 90.1. using honeybee to comply with LEED v3 requirements.

I´ve been in contact with Anton Szilasi who kindly adviced me to look for other software options more suitable for this kind of model. I just wanted to know if anyone has tried to do something similiar and if someone has any advice. It is a 7 story office building with 4 semi-underground basement levels.

Best.

Arturo Reyes

Hi Arturo, To be able to help with this question you need to be more specific on why you have been unsuccessful for building your model?

Hello Mostapha,

Thank you for responding.

I started with an overly clomplex model and had lots of trouble with adjacencies. Then it was so big that it just would´t run. I am trying to simplify it as much as possible to then just write an OSM file to work with it on OpenStudio and see if I can do some studies of a VRF system cooled with either water or air. Also I think I might need to export two OSM files and I´m not sure how to merge them. I saw a thread Chris Mackey posted about doing that in sketchup´s openstudio plugin. I am not sure if the honeybee-OpenStudio path is a smart way to do a detailed model.

I´m attaching the files in case you want to take a look.

Thanks again

20170607CLE-Simplificado.gh (1.92 MB)