LEED EQ Credit: Daylight

I suggest here conversation about best practice for LEED Daylight Credit with current both schemes that are active. I even suggest we use our “template gbXML” together with GH/Dynamo scripts linked in Hydra-share to show best practices and documentation. I guess we just always need to refer to LEED version, GH or Dynamo approach or direct cloud simulation. I place all documentation for this credit below.

LEED 2009 (ver 3) PDF active till 30/06/2021
IEQc: 8.1 Daylight and Views – Daylight

Option 1. Simulation
Demonstrate through computer simulation that the applicable spaces achieve daylight
illuminance levels of a minimum of 10 footcandles (fc) (110 Lux) and a maximum of 500 fc
(5,400 Lux) in a clear sky condition on September 21 at 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.; areas
Provide glare control devices to avoid high-contrast situations that could impede visual
tasks. However, designs that incorporate view-preserving automated shades for glare
control may demonstrate compliance for only the minimum 10 fc (110 lux) illuminance level.

LEED 2013 (ver 4) PDF
Option 1. Simulation: Spatial Daylight Autonomy and Annual Sunlight Exposure (2–3 points, 1-2
points Healthcare)
Demonstrate through annual computer simulations that spatial daylight autonomy300/50% (sDA300/50%) of at
least 55%, 75%, or 90% is achieved. Use regularly occupied floor area. Healthcare projects should use
the perimeter area determined under EQ Credit Quality Views.
AND
Demonstrate through annual computer simulations that annual sunlight exposure1000,250 (ASE1000,250) of no more than 10% is achieved. Use the regularly occupied floor area that is daylit per the sDA300/50%
simulations.
The sDA and ASE calculation grids should be no more than 2 feet (600 millimeters) square and laid out
across the regularly occupied area at a work plane height of 30 inches (760 millimeters) above finished
floor (unless otherwise defined). Use an hourly time-step analysis based on typical meteorological year data, or an equivalent, for the nearest available weather station. Include any permanent interior
obstructions. Moveable furniture and partitions may be excluded.
CS only
If the finishes in the space will not be completed, use the following default surface reflectances: 80% for
ceilings, 20% for floors, and 50% for walls. Assume that the entire floor plate, except for the core, will be
regularly occupied space.
OR
Option 2. Simulation: Illuminance Calculations (1–2 points)
Demonstrate through computer modeling that illuminance levels will be between 300 lux and 3,000 lux for
9 a.m. and 3 p.m., both on a clear-sky day at the equinox, for the floor area indicated in Table 2. Use
regularly occupied floor area. Healthcare projects should use the perimeter area determined under EQ
Credit Quality Views. Calculate illuminance intensity for sun (direct component) and sky (diffuse component) for clear-sky
conditions as follows:
 Use typical meteorological year data, or an equivalent, for the nearest available weather station.
 Select one day within 15 days of September 21 and one day within 15 days of March 21 that
represent the clearest sky condition.
 Use the average of the hourly value for the two selected days.
Exclude blinds or shades from the model. Include any permanent interior obstructions. Moveable furniture
and partitions may be excluded.
CS only
Assume the following default surface reflectances if the finishes in the space will not be completed: 80%
for ceilings, 20% for floors, and 50% for walls. Assume that the entire floor plate, except for the core, will
be regularly occupied space.

@chris @AntoineDao @TheoA

Hi there,
I am starting my career in LEED, I am really interested in daylighting and I would really, really, appreciate if you could provide me any guidance on how to simulate, and produce materials, in order to achieve LEED daylighting credits.
I found out tutorials on sDA, but nothing on ASE. I would like to use ladybug tools.
Thanks in advance
Francesco