Legacy Ladybug-tools removal

Hi :slight_smile:

1. Installed latest LB tools V1.1.0 > actually :slight_smile: very god instruction. Everything went super fine.
  2. But now I see both > new and previous Legacy LB & HB component panels.
  3. My question is:
    3.1 What is common strategy > keep the Legacy version ( for some while ) or remove / uninstall.
    3.2 How to remove Legacy LB tools.
    3.2.1 Tried this without success > http://hydrashare.github.io/hydra/viewer?owner=mostaphaRoudsari&fork=hydra_1&id=Remove_Ladybug_and_Honeybee&slide=0&scale=1&offset=0,0
  4. Any other options > manually maybe.
    Thanx

Hi @MWalters ,

3.1 There’s no issue if you want to keep both the Legacy and the LBT version installed alongside one another. If you are going to keep a version of Legacy alongside LBT, it should be “Ladybug 0.0.69 and Honeybee 0.0.66”.
3.2 You can remove legacy honeybee by just deleting all of the .ghuser files that start with “Ladybug_” or “Honeybee_” from your Grasshopper UserObjects folder. You can open the UserObjects folder by opening Grasshopper and going to File > Special Folders > User Objects Folder.

Hi Chris, how about this?
After I delete the .ghuser start with ladybug_ and honeybee_, there are some definition left in the GH tabs (screenshoots is attached).

For those components, you have to delete the .gha file in your Grasshopper Components folder.

1 Like