Load and Read Daylight Factor results for multiple rooms/grids

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if there is any smart way, as for the annual daylight results, to read previously calculated daylight factor results, especially when having a large model with many test grids.

The HB Annual Daylight Metric component is great since it only requires the path to the results folder and it parses everything within itself, also finding the right correspondence with the analysis meshes to recolor the spatial heatmap.

Differently, I haven’t found any similar component for the DF analysis and the only strategy I came up with is with the native Grasshopper component Read File, which is however not an optimal solution. The files’ paths have to be fed in as single “entities” and you also have to be careful that are in order with the mesh (which is not always the case).

So, is there a better way to post-process Daylight Factor results or a specific component that does it semi-automatically as for the annual daylight results?

Best,
Matteo

Hi @Matteo,

You can use the handler which is also used under the hood in HB Daylight Factor. In the results folder there is a file called grids_info.json which will make sure that the grids are in the right order.

read_df_from_folder.gh (5.3 KB)

3 Likes

That’s a great solution! Thank you so much @mikkel !

1 Like