LockFileEx error from HB End Use Intensity

The new EUI component in version 1.2.0 gives me the following error in Rhino 6 on Mac:

Solution exception:LockFileEx assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null)

At first glance, this appears to be the same issue dealing with reading SQLite files that @chris dealt with last summer. However, other components that read SQLite files (such as HB Read Room Energy Result) seem to be working fine.

I first encountered this error while playing with the show_box_energy_model sample script, but have reproduced it in my own scripts as well.

@coditect ,

You are correct that it’s the same issue and I’ll have to implement a similar workaround for that component. I opened an issue for it and I’ll try to push a fix soon:

@chris,

I submitted a potential fix for this issue via Github pull request. Since I’m not familiar with your build process, I tested the code by copying it into a GHPython component in Grasshopper. The numbers it produced look reasonable, but I don’t have access to a Windows machine at this particular moment to compare results.

Please let me know if it looks reasonable — I would like to be able to contribute to Ladybug in the future.

2 Likes

The changes to honeybee-energy were made available through LB Versioner a few days ago, but the modified EUI component has not. What is the timetable for patch releases to honeybee-grasshopper-energy to make their way out?

Ah, that’s my fault. It’s because we didn’t merge your PR here using a semantic release tag like fix(result):. So your improvement hasn’t gotten released yet. I will trigger another shortly, which will ensure that you can get it with the LB Versioner. I’ll post back here once it’s available.

1 Like

You can now get your updated version of the component with the “LB Versioner”, @coditect . Thank you, again, for fixing this issue and for improving the energy-use-intensity command !

1 Like

@chris, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!