Mechanical ventilation with Ironbug

Hi there,

I am new with IronBug and be thankful if help me to complete my model.

i model a simple baseboard electric as picture blow:

and for two zones I set ventilation by ach and schedule in my model. after simulation Openstudio back this error:

1. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** Controller:MechanicalVentilation=“CONTROLLER MECHANICAL VENTILATION 2”, Design Specification Outdoor Air Object Name blank

I think I should add something for that ventilation but I don’t know-how.

Thanks,
Ehsan

should I clarify more some parts? or need gh file?

be thankful if anybody could help, thank @MingboPeng especially if you can help

Hi @ehsan.anvary, if your zones just need baseboard for heating, you don’t need to add them to the airloop, instead you could use “NoAirLoop” component for zones only have zonal equipments.

Hope this helps.
Mingbo

Thanks @MingboPeng “NoAirLoop” work in my case.

Ehsan

one thing more that I think you should fix it too is “water equipment use”. this component don’t accept “text” as zones for honeybee 1.2

Thanks @ehsan.anvary, you are right, it doesn’t take the new Honeybee room as an input in this component. This component only works with the legacy version of Honeybee.

I did a quick fix for this issue here for you, and this component should be able to take Honeybee Room directly, so you don’t have to get room’s id for this component. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Ironbug_20210426.zip (1011.5 KB)
Note: unlock the zip file first before unzipping it to “C:\Ironbug”

Thank you very much, that’s work.

Hi @MingboPeng , I guess the same goes for other Ironbug components that require HB Zones - now HB Rooms. For example the Ironbug Thermal Zone component. Any chance you could share the corrections for that component as well? Many thanks in advance.

Hi @ClL, this also has been fixed in above updates.

Awesome, much appreciated!