Mixed mode natural ventilated and air conditioned model Honeybee 1.4

Hi, community,

I am trying to simulate a mixed mode model, naturally ventilated and conditioned, in Honeybee 1.4. But I need some of your help to deal with this because I don’t know how to configure it.

I have configured the natural ventilation control as shown in Figure 1. But now, there is an easy way to tell de Idealloads to turn On when the interior temperature is outside the range of natural ventilation and the windows are closed? My Set Points are configured 18°C and 23°C.

Fig. 1.

consultaMixedMode.gh (225.0 KB)

Thank you very much in advance for your great help.

Hi, please, I appreciate if someone can guide me with this question.

Thank you in advance.

hi @cerianipascual .You can create a schedule defining opening and closing of windows over your logic

Hi @Asisnath Thank you very much,

I currently have the model configured to open and close the windows based on the inside and outside temperature. Do you say that I should use another schedule to open and close the window? But how do I link it with the HVAC on and off?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Just design your natural ventilation parameters such that windows close whenever natural ventilation can’t maintain the setpoint range. Then you don’t need to any additional logic for your HVAC system, it’ll automatically turn on when windows are closed and the interior temperature falls outside the setpoint range.

You can ensure windows are closed when the HVAC system is on by aligning your interior ventilation setpoints with your HVAC setpoints, i.e. set min_in_temp_ and max_in_temp_ to around 18C and 23C, respectively.