Morning Warmup of HVAC

Hi, I’m trying to create a HVAC that only runs from 8am to 6pm, with no warm up in the morning however I see Cooling energy out of these hours. Any suggestions on how to make sure this isnt occurring?

I’m modelling an ideal air system (and created a schedule for heating and cooling).

Thanks

Hi @Shanice,

I think you can alter the cooling setpoint schedule to have really high setpoints between 6pm to 8am, so the cooling never turns on. Something like this:

Hope this helps!

-Teresa

1 Like

Hi Teresa, I had done that but only had it on 40, do maybe its too low. I will investigate. Thanks!

You can easily have rooms getting above 40C in a temperate climate if there’s no natural ventilation. You can see for yourself by requesting comfort_metrics_ on the HB Simulation Output component and bringing them into Grasshopper via the Read Room Comfort Result component

Hi Chris, this is for a climate that is very mild so its very unlikely to get above 30. As you can see in the image the room tends to stay between 20 - 24.

I figured it out, I have cooling and heating values mixed up, the rooms do get warmer but still not up to 40. I did increase it to 100 though, just to be safe. Thanks!

Although when I try to include the apply setpoint feature it turns it back on in the morning?

n

1 Like