No results found from Envi-MET Simulation!

Hi,
It’s a while that I am looking at Envi-MET inside Dragonfly Legacy, a great work by @AntonelloDiNunzio. I made a simple model added almost default materials (I just added a green roof to one of the geometries plus some windows) and successfully created .INX file as below:

When It comes to run the simulation inside Dragonfly I am facing these issues and any suggestion to solve it is appreciated:
1- When I run the simulation for a series of days (the entire month of June) using the EPW file, instead of one command prompt, a bunch of them are coming up, and also this error appears on DFEnimetRunSimulation:

1. Solution exception: The process cannot access the file ‘C:…\Desktop\Project4\df_envimet\envimetSimulation.bat’ because it is being used by another process.

Is it because of running envimetSimulation.bat for those series of times at a same time?
Despite finishing the simulation in this case, all the content of the output folder like atmosphere, buildings, inflow,… are empty and when I come to visualize the data with Envi-MET Leonardo can’t import any results.
2-When I run the simulation only for one hour instead of the series, again there is no
result created after the simulation. Note I have installed the Beta version.

Thank you for any help.

1 Like

Hi @fxh999 ,

You can run multiple simulations at time, but you need to set an iteration in a way you generate multiple simx files. One for each iteration.
You can do that by concatenating text with GH to have a unique _simName for each iteration or creating different simx files.
E.g. MySimulation1, MySimulation2, and so on.
When simulation runs you should see a float window for each simulation file.
Basic example with multiple different settings:

Please, follow numerical order.

Once you have all files you can also run simulation directly with bat file using cmd.
Please, keep in mind the memory limit of your PC.

1. Once you have run the batch file with GH, please check the project folder. Following example above:
    3 simx files and 3 output folders.

Example here: examples

Best,
Antonello

1 Like