Open studio error

Hi everyone

I acknowledge that Legacy is outdated; however, as I have numerous Grasshopper definitions in Legacy, I wish to ensure their full functionality.

I have reinstalled Ladybug 69 and Honeybee 66 and I have tried Openstudio versions 2.5.0; 2.9.1; 3.0.0; 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 directly in C drive. However Open studio does not run and I get different errors base on the version I have on my PC.

Based on various forum posts, I have concluded that versions 2.9.1 or 3.0.0 are the most up-to-date for legacy, so I was planning to proceed with one of these two. Unfortunately, every time I launch OpenStudio, I encounter the following error:

1. Solution exception:Unable to find an entry point with name ‘CSharp_OpenStudio_toPath__SWIG_0’ in DLL ‘openstudio_csharp.dll’.

Could anyone lend a hand with the following problem?

Thank you.

1 Like

There was an issue with the older versions of OpenStudio. Try to search the openstudio_csharp.dll file within the OpenStudio folder, and copy them to OpenStudio’s “CSharp\openstudio” folder.

In the “CSharp\openstudio” folder, you should see something like this:

Hello @MingboPeng

Thank you for your prompt response.

I do have the DLL files you mentioned; however, I still received the error message I posted earlier. In the image below is how my OpenStudio folder appears. Does it seem like I’m missing anything else? Are there any specific checks I can perform?

Thank you for your assistance.

Hello there

Despite Honeybee appearing to function, I encounter numerous errors when I open the Python code. Over the past few days, I’ve searched the forum for solutions. I’ve attempted to relocate the OpenStudio folder and LBT user objects to various locations on my PC based on different posts, but unfortunately, I haven’t been able to resolve the issue.

I acknowledge that identifying the error may not be a straightforward task, but I’m attaching a world file along with the Honeybee Python script in the hope that someone more experienced than me can assist in troubleshooting and resolving the problem.

Thank you very much for your support.

Python script editor_This is the heart of the Honeybee.docx (365.1 KB)