Open Studio Shadow calculation object has no attribute

Hello Everyone,

I have just download for testing and lerning the below set:

But I get one error Message from the “Honeybee_Export To Open Studio”, it shows a message a:
Runtime error(MissingMemberException): ‘ShadowCalculation’ object has no attribute ‘SetCalculationFrequency’

I haven’t done anything, I have just downloaded it from the wbesite and run it.

Any idea of what could be the problem?

Thanks

It seems Honeybee wasn’t able to identify your version of OpenStudio. If you want to use Legacy honeybee, I would recommend using OpenStudio 2.9.2 and make sure you accept all of the defaults during the installation.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the information. I’ll try that.

May I ask, is it worth to use the + version currently? I understand the the differece in terms of development betwen Legacy and + for future performance in long temr. But until today I see the + version having much less features than Legacy, which is trying to catch up. But I don’t know if + version for Grasshopper is bringing anything aditional at this stage.

I’m still new on LB tools.

Regards.

I had this view a few months ago but I currently see it the opposite way around. There are many features in the LBT plugin that are not in Legacy and I feel the LBT plugin has surpassed Legacy for the majority of my personal workflows. But it all comes down to which features you really need access to. I would say the energy simulation capabilities of the LBT plugin have now exceeded the Legacy plugin but we probably won’t have as many of the Radiance simulation features of Legacy in the LBT plugin until the next stable release in another month or so.

See the release notes for more of the new features that the LBT plugin has over legacy: