OpenStudio Give me error warning

Hi,everyone,

I was trying to use Honeybee Openstudio Component to run a simulation with HVAC input. And then I got error.

First I thought it might be the version I have of OpenStudio, but when I install the 1.9.0, problem still there.

I have EnergyPlus 8.3.0 Radiant 5.0 and OpenStudio 1.9.0

Can anyone help? Thank you all!

See the attached file.

Facade%20Kink%20Optimization%20with%20HoneyBee.gh

Zilong,

The file runs fine on my system! Have you tried to close Rhino and Grasshopper and re-open the file? Can you give us more information on when this happens? Is it happening after you run the analysis for multiple times?

I also checked the idf file and the object that gives you error is written correctly.

Mostapha

Hi, Mostapha,

I did restart my computer and it didn’t work. I started with OpenStudio 1.10.0 and it gave me similar error except version in IDF = “8.4”. So I figured probably I need OpenStudio 1.9.0 and I did install it and uninstalled 1.10.0. So in the warning message, IDF version back to 8.3, but other errors remained.

Another thing to mention is that I used to have EnergyPlus 8.3 and 8.4 both installed and later I uninstalled 8.4.

If it is working in your system, I might just try it on other computers on Monday. My computer is just junk with all kinds of softwares and multiple versions of simulation engines. That is probably the case.

Thank you very much!

Hi Zilong,

Before you change your system can you check the attached file? I updated all the components as well as the OpenStudio component. The new component will look for EnergyPlus under OpenStudio folder so it will find the right version based on the version of OpenStudio.

Mostapha